I split my time between satisfying my addiction to mountains, writing, and trying to save the world from toxic chemicals as marketing director for Made Safe, the first nontoxic certification in the country. I currently call Revelstoke, B.C. home, although I’ve left pieces of my heart in Wanaka, New Zealand and Missoula, Montana. I like to moonlight as a gypsy in foreign lands from Mexico to Australia.
I love writing about beautiful places and what it takes to get to them. About badass women quietly and not so quietly taking over adventure sports. I write about mission fail, mediocrity, and all the hard things social media tends to gloss over when it comes to outdoor adventures.
The Important Things
- Up until November, I had a 100-pound canine soul mate/adventure buddy. I miss her every day.
- My big sister is my other half. Check out her blog On the Horizon Line.
- I’m an adventure lover and endorphin addict. I’m happiest when I’m exhausted at the end of the day.
- I’m a women’s rights activist, runner, backcountry skier, passable boater and mountain biker, and wannabe yogi.
- I’m an annoyingly consistent optimist.
Some Current & Past Projects
- Freelance writing (check out some of my published pieces)
- Launching Made Safe, the first nontoxic certification in the country
- Advising the Savvy Women’s Alliance
- Remotely volunteering on the board of the Montana Backcountry Alliance
- Writing for Elements Mixed Media
- Marketing for Harris Mountains Heliski
- Website management for ShiftCon Eco Blogging Conference