I split my time between writing, moonlighting as a gypsy in foreign lands, and trying to save the world from toxic chemicals as marketing director for Made Safe, the first nontoxic certification in the country. I currently call Revelstoke, B.C. home, although I’ve left pieces of my heart in Wanaka, New Zealand and Missoula, Montana.
I love writing about beautiful places and what it takes to get to them. About badass women quietly and not so quietly taking over adventure sports. I write about mission fail, mediocrity, and all the hard things social media tends to gloss over when it comes to outdoor adventures.
The Important Things
- Up until November, I had a 100-pound canine soul mate/adventure buddy. I miss her every day.
- My big sister is my other half. Check out her blog On the Horizon Line.
- I’m an adventure lover and endorphin addict. I’m happiest when I’m exhausted at the end of the day.
- I’m a women’s rights activist, runner, backcountry skier, passable boater and mountain biker, and wannabe yogi.
- I’m an annoyingly consistent optimist.
- I can’t live without mountains.
Some Current & Past Projects
- Freelance writing (check out some of my published pieces)
- Launching Made Safe, the first nontoxic certification in the country
- Advising the Savvy Women’s Alliance
- Remotely volunteering on the board of the Montana Backcountry Alliance
- Writing for Elements Mixed Media
- Marketing for Harris Mountains Heliski
- Website management for ShiftCon Eco Blogging Conference